The Life Enrichment and Friendship (LEAF) Adult Day Center is a dually licensed adult day health and day care facility. At LEAF we believe that every day should be filled with laughter, love, encouragement and an understanding that life doesn’t end when you get older.
If your loved one or family member is experiencing…
- Isolation or loneliness, and desires peer interactions
- Difficulty initiating and focusing on an activity (i.e., TV, reading, conversation)
- Problems planning their own day Inability to be safely left alone
- A caregiver who works and is away from the home most of the day
- Uncertainty and is anxious when you are not right by their side
- Additional assistance with medications
- Difficulty with bathing and personal care
- Ongoing attention and supervision that is leading to your own anxiety, frustration, compromised health and/or depression
...It is time to consider LEAF
Download the January 2019 calendar
The LEAF Center operates Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm.
What does a day at the LEAF Center include?
- Engaging activities that are age and ability appropriate
- Up to 10 hours of care each weekday
- Social interaction
- A secure, locked facility
- Nutritious and delicious meals, including a breakfast snack, lunch, and afternoon snack
- Art and music programs
- Exercise Outdoor activities
- Special entertainers and presentations
- On-staff registered nurse and certified nursing assistants
- Monthly caregiver support groups and educational sessions
- Reasonable rates based on the level of care needed
- Bathing, hair care, and shaving—additional fees may apply
Where is the LEAF Center?
104 N. Washington Avenue in Reidsville. Transportation assistance is available through RCATS.
Who is eligible?
Available to Rockingham and surrounding county residents 60 years of age and older who are at risk of being placed in a Nursing Home. Adults with disabilities (18 or older) who are also at risk of being placed in either a Nursing Home or Group Home setting.
What supports are available for family caregivers?
LEAF Center offers peace of mind for family caregivers by offering a safe, caring, an engaging environment with activities tailored to their unique needs. We also offer support groups, educational sessions, and a monthly newsletter that features tips on caring for your loved one at home.
What is the cost to participate?
Adult Day Care starting at $50.00/day
Adult Day Health starting at $55.00/day
Financial assistance may be available. Please contact Center Director, Asheley Cooper for more information.
What is your enrollment process?
- Tour the Center and meet the participants, staff & Director
- A first day visit free of charge provides an opportunity to experience the center before making the commitment to enroll
- Conduct TB and medical screening
- Compile caregiver report
For more information, contact Asheley Cooper, LEAF Center Director at 336-347-2328 or email email@example.com