The Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA) is a Medicaid program designed to give disabled adults (age 18 and over) who are at risk of unwanted nursing facility placement, the option of remaining safely at home with a package of services to complement their current family support. CAP/DA provides in-home aides to assist clients with personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting, incontinence care and meals. In-Home aides may also perform light housekeeping tasks and help with shopping and errands.
The CAP/DA program is for adults with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older, and who are at risk of institutionalization.
• Adult day health
• Personal care aide
• Home accessibility and adaptation
• Meal preparation and delivery
• Institutional respite services
• Non-institutional respite services
• Personal Emergency Response Services
• Specialized medical equipment and supplies
• Participant goods and services
• Community transition services
• Training, education and consultative services
• Assistive technology
• Case management
• Care advisor (CAP/Choice only)
• Personal assistant (CAP/Choice only)
• Telephone alert service
• Home Mobility Aids (wheelchair ramps, doorway widening, safety railings, non-skid surfaces, handheld showers and grab bars)
• Nutritional supplements (Ensure, Boost, etc.)
• Incontinence supplies
For more information or to make a referral please contact our CAP department at 336-349-2343.